course: Numerical Plasma Simulation
- teaching methods:
- lecture with tutorials
- computer based presentation
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Ralf Peter Brinkmann
- Dr. Jan van Dijk (extern), Dr. Efe Kemaneci (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- start: Wednesday the 10.10.2018
- lecture Wednesdays: from 11:15 to 12.45 o'clock in ID 04/413
- tutorial Wednesdays: from 13:00 to 14.00 o'clock in ID 04/413
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
Exam registration: Directly with the lecturer
This course discusses a number of key concepts in the numerical simulation of plasmas and gas discharges. The theories behind fluid and kinetic plasma modelling will be briefly discussed. The participants have developed and modified various C++ and MATLAB simulation programs to familiarise themselves with the numerical and computational aspects of the subject matter.
In order to understand and improve plasma sources, numerical simulation has become an invaluable addition to experiments in the past decades. At present, time-dependent three-dimensional codes in which all relevant plasma features are dealt with self-consistently are starting to appear.
Basic knowledge of C/C++ or MATLAB and plasma physics.
For further questions, please contact Sebastian Wilczek ID 1/130 (email: email@example.com)