course: Ultrafast Laser Physics and Technology
- teaching methods:
- computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Clara J. Saraceno
- Prof. Dr. Clara J. Saraceno (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term
Please look up the dates in the central course catalog.
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
|Form of exam:||oral|
|Registration for exam:||FlexNow|
The students understand how to generate, manipulate and characterize ultrashort laser pulses, and they are familiar with most recent technological developments in ultrafast laser technology.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Linear and nonlinear propagation of optical pulses
- Dispersion compensation
- Modelocking and amplification of ultrashort pulses
- Ultrashort pulse measurement techniques
- New trends in ultrafast lasers
- Fundamental knowledge of electromagnetic waves, optics, Fourier analysis
- Ideally the students have completed the Laser Technology and/or the Photonics mandatory courses.