course: Ultrafast Laser Physics and Technology
- teaching methods:
- computer based presentation, black board and chalk
- responsible person:
- Prof. Dr. Clara J. Saraceno
- Prof. Dr. Clara J. Saraceno (ETIT)
- offered in:
- winter term
dates in winter term
- start: Friday the 03.11.2017
- lecture Fridays: from 12:15 to 13.45 o'clock in ID 04/401
- tutorial Tuesdays: from 12:15 to 13.45 o'clock in ID 03/471
Date according to prior agreement with lecturer.
Exam registration: In the exam office
The students understand how to generate, manipulate and characterize ultrashort laser pulses, and they are familiar with most recent technological developments in ultrafast laser technology.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Linear and nonlinear propagation of optical pulses
- Dispersion compensation
- Modelocking and amplification of ultrashort pulses
- Ultrashort pulse measurement techniques
- New trends in ultrafast lasers
- Fundamental knowledge of electromagnetic waves, optics, Fourier analysis
- Ideally the students have completed the Laser Technology and/or the Photonics mandatory courses.